Health and hygiene are increasingly becoming important focus areas and since humans come in contact with several plastic surfaces every day, protecting these surfaces from microbial attack assumes significance to prevent them from becoming carriers of pathogens and diseases. Besides microbial attacks on plastics can also lead to discoloration, odor and staining, and loss of physical and mechanical properties.
Whether it is the damp areas in households such as kitchens and bathrooms or outdoor public areas like malls, supermarkets, children’s play area, schools, hospitals, hotels, or automotive these invisible microbes are present everywhere and humans can come in contact through the plastics surfaces and articles in all these surroundings.
Our Antimicrobial Masterbatches are based on inorganic metal particles such as metallic silver or other metals OR organic antimicrobial agents and we offer these based on end applications whether requiring food contact approvals, opaque or transparent nature, expected lifetime, certification standards to be met, etc. along with the balance of performance and economics to suit specific applications.
Antimicrobial Masterbatch applications can be numerous and can be applied to PP, TPE, HDPE, and other polymers. Some of them can be toothbrush handles, kitchen chopping boards, soft-grip knives, and other kitchenware, water storage enclosures, medical equipment, and hospital bed plastic components, medical aprons, gloves, and face masks, automotive and other textiles/fibers, shower curtains, toilet seat covers, shaving razor handles, etc.
- Anti Microbial Masterbatch can be applied to PP, TPE, HDPE, and other polymers.
- It helps applications on the basis of transparent nature, expected lifetime, certification standards, etc, and balance of performance and economics to suit specific applications.
- Anti Microbial / Anti Fungal is used to protecting these surfaces from microbial attack.
- Anti Microbial / Anti Fungal can be toothbrush handles, kitchen chopping boards, soft-grip knives, and other kitchenware, water storage enclosures, medical equipment, and hospital bed plastic components, etc
- It is to protect the plastic from bacteria and fungus.